Hip hop and the cicada

A shout out to my homeboys and homegirls in Oh-double-tee-eh-double-you-eh! This afternoon at lunch I went to see some more breakdancing. I only caught one battle but it was cool. All foot ground work.

I was also lucky enough to see a hip hop artist Temple Jones. She was pretty good, though nothing compared to the Masters of Paradox from back in the day. There was a graffiti contest as well...you can see the start of some tagging behind the rapper.


On our walk this evening I picked up this little guy. Its a cicada and, in my amateur opinion, I believe his name is Kikihia scutellaris.

Comments

Drakadooey said…
T says "It's green. I like it."
Speaka said…
I give him 3.375 legs (two fronts, one left middle and one right rear broken mid thigh). Reasonably nice looking green, nice big wings, but nothing too exotic about him.
J-girl said…
Cool pic of the cicada. We have all kinds here in Japan. During summer there are so many that all the screeching sounds like a horror movie. We'll definitely have some pics up of them on Bug Brothers when the weather warms.
Speaka said…
Apparently they are a frequent subject of Japanese haikus. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

As you can see we've adopted your rating system....with T using your younger son's methodology.

Popular Posts