A little update..

Ahhh...Peace and quiet. I've just put the kids down for a rest and poured myself a glass of white wine and helped myself to a couple of homebaked cookies. This is the life.

Just a little update on my good buddy Matt. Thank you for all of your prayers and well wishes. Matt was able to leave the hospital on the 17th of December with the aid of some crutches and a catheter that went from a vein in his arm directly to his heart. He had to have antibiotics pumped straight into his heart every morning to help clear up the infection that had made its way into his bones. What a trooper!! I visited him at home and he was all smiles despite the discomfort he was in...nicely nestled into mum's bed playing x box. Ethan hopped into the bed too and they played together for a couple of hours. The boys seem to play really well together despite the 3 year age gap. Last Thursday, Matt went to hospital for a check up and was told he no longer needed to use the crutches and he quickly dumped them aside. He also had the catheter removed. It seems the bones are doing much better. Yay!!! I am so pleased..and proud of this little boy.

This morning, Nicki and Matt and Lucy came over for a playdate. It was nice seeing Matt run around without his crutches. He and Ethan played with Ethan's new fly wheel toy that he got for Christmas while Julia and Lucy played with girlie things..beads and drawings. Noah puttered back and forth from the boys to the girls and from time to time to us ladies in the kitchen. We had a nice lunch together and off they went to play again. Nicki and I had coffee and chatted some more. I need more practice with my fancy coffee machine as the coffee tasted great but looked like poop...haven't got the frothing part down pat yet.

These past few weeks have been just lovely...it has been really nice having Brian at home. It was was bitter sweet to have him go back to work. I love his company but I feel more in control of the kids when we're alone following our usual routine. Our holidays were great. Eventhough we didn't go away for our holiday, there are still many fun things to experience here in Wellington that we tried to make the most of the sunny summer days with day trips. We went to beaches and on bush walks and to the museum and parks..Lots of fun.

Over the holidays, we were fortunate enough not to have to celebrate either Christmas eve or New years eve alone..yay for friends!! At each place we had BBQ dinners and wine and beer. Thanks to Chris and Teresa for their Christmas hospitality and to Nicki and Wayne for their New years hospitality. We had a terrific time at each place.

I've been having a great time settling into our home now that we finally have our things. Everything is unpacked..it's just a matter of finding a place for a few things. I can't wait until all of our pictures are up on the walls making it more homey. There are a few things I would like to purchase yet which has Brian's tummy in knots..I'm relentless and am probably driving him mad with all the odds and ends I think we need. I would like a table/desk to put in the play/office room so I can do my crafts there. I would also like to buy a cupboard of some sort to put all my crafts and things in..man do I have lots of "junk" as Brian would call it. The major purchase would be some sort of table for eating from in the kitchen. We were using the dining table in the dining room but it is carpeted their and the kids haven't yet mastered eating without spilling. So, we're back to eating in the kitchen off of the card table that was lent to us. There are so many things I would love to get..I should make a list of things and prioritize the purchases...naw..that would be too organized of me.. ;-)

For the past two weeks, we've been writing out a menu for the week. "Good on ya Bri for taking the initiative to do it!" It's been working out really well for us. I love not having to worry about what to make for dinner. This morning, our dinner was all prepared and ready by noon..spaghetti sauce..best if it cooks all day..yummy..can't wait for dinner..the house is smelling quite nice already...I should probably go and stir it..

I just got off of MSN with my mum-in law and sis-in law..it's so nice to hear from family. It seems my sister in law is able to get a whole month off from work so when her and her hubby decide to visit, they'll be stayin' a while. I'm so excited..I just can't hide it..I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!!..

Anyway...enough rambling from me..

Missing you all..lots..and lots!

Hugs and kisses to everyone...xxoo

Cheers, Nat

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great blog posting Nat!!!
Terrific news about Matt!!!!!!
Love Jim
Anonymous said…
You're starting to use the kiwi expressions...nice update.

Love Pat

Popular Posts