Story

I've decided to start a new blog just for the story because I find it messes with the flow of the rest of this blog. Please visit the following site to see the next chapter: firsttimeauthor.blogspot.com

I've also signed up for Google's AdSense on that site so although it hasn't happened yet, I think that we make money each time someone clicks on the ads featured on that page. I encourage you to give it a try.

Happy New Year! We had a good new year's party with our friends, plenty of beer, a great BBQ (steak, lamb sausages, chicken on a stick, chicken off a stick, beet root, pavlova and salad), a little Cranium, some Pictionary....all in all a good time, though my noggin was a wee bit sore this morning. We were also invited to a neighbourhood New Year's party, which would have been cool. I know your not going to believe me now, but next door to us is a professional sitar player...really truly! There is also a bass player, a drummer and some guitar players in this well-knit neighbourhood and they all get together at various time of the year to party and play their instruments. We're hoping to get invited to the next jam session.

A couple of days ago we went to the beach and I went in the water. It was a cool day, quite the breeze, but I really wanted to jump in, so I did. I am always surprised with the saltiness when I taste the ocean on my lips. I even did a little swimming, which is strange for me. The kids came in with me, but Talie chickened out, which was the sane thing to do. The kids found a friend and were making castles with him. They also found a dead crab, which I also thought was cool. On the drive home along the water, Talie and I talked about wanting to get into scuba diving because their are so many cool dive sites. We love checking out the sea life from the sea shore but can imagine that swimming beside the fish would be way cooler.

Comments

Popular Posts