Bugs, beaches, bellies

I was browsing through blogs and found this awesome site. Check it out!

Today was my first day back at work after Christmas holidays. I had such a great time away that it was difficult to go back. Although we did not go away on holiday, we are still new enough to Wellington and there is so much to explore that it seemed like we went away on holiday.

Over the break, we had been going for a walk around the block after dinner. Tonight though we decided to go the beach. It was great. We went to an artificial beach that is only 15 minute drive from our house. There were dozens of jelly fish washed up along the shore and swimming in the water. I think they are harmless but we aren't sure yet. They are really neat to watch swim around. Some of the beached jelly fish look like jello from a mold, though I don't think I'd take a bite. I tried taking a picture but was unsuccessful.

Obviously I do not have the physique or the tan of a surfer dude.....yet. But, really, is that my fault? For twenty eight years my body has been engineered to develop a warmth layer to keep from freezing at this time of year...I need a little time to re-engineer. : )

Comments

Anonymous said…
good to see someone enjoying the outdoors....brrrrrrr!!!!!

Love
Mom
Drakadooey said…
lots of snow here today...slow drive to work, but it's nice to have a good winter storm!! we just got back from out west...brown xmas there...weird! we are glad to see you guys are having fun in the sun...reminds us of hanging out with you all. cheers and take care...T & co.
Anonymous said…
I love the bug brothers...they are the cutest thing i've seen in a while! being an entomophile myself even makes them even cuter!!.... "I like it"
We just went snowshoeing yesterday...whee...i LOVE the cold and the mountains of snow we have and my little layer of tummy is v. useful still.
looks like you are having a blast in the sunshine and beach weather...enjoy!!!
hello and hugs to all!
h
Tutors in USA said…
Thanks, this is in every respect what I need to know. Thank you, it's very interesting. I wish you all the best and every success in future.
retaining wall Wellington

Popular Posts