Creatures in the night

This evening, just before bed, I was doing a few dishes when I heard Tui whining. This isn't too unusual because she usually barks a bit at our neighbour's dog but when she started barking like crazy I figured I should go check it out. She was at the end of her lead barking at the patio set. I had turned on the outdoor light so I could see but there were lots of shadows. In the shadow under one of the chairs was a little creature curled up in a ball with a long snout and quills pointing out of his back....a hedgehog. I called Talie and she came to see. We turned away for two seconds to put Tui, who was still barking her head-off and waking neighbours, inside and when we turned back Mr. Hedgehog had vanished. We searched around for a bit...but we didn't have much chance of finding him in the dark.

Speaking of hedgehogs...I just read that the Conservatives are going to form a minority government in Canada. I am very worried about what that'll mean for Canada.

Comments

Popular Posts