News from abroad

Tomorrow I'm going to Tauranga for a couple of days. Its close to Aukland. It should be neat...I'll be meeting some of the "Port Operations" people from work and am looking forward to it.

Just went for a walk with the boys and the dog. E was holding the dog as we walked down the road. A cat ran in front of Tui and she broke free and followed it into the road. I had to stop traffic to prevent her from being run over...kinda scary.

There was a Canadian on Distraction on Monday...she came in second. I think she was a Newfie...because of her accent.

I have to book my Christmas vacation shortly...kinda crazy that it is coming up and that it'll be the middle of summer for us. Apparently Father Christmas (aka Santa Claus) is surrounded by snow and icicles when he comes to the malls though.

I figured out that cookies are called biscuits here...except for chocolate chip cookies...which retain their name. Rock Melons = Canteloupes

Regards,

Speaka

Comments

Drakadooey said…
scary about tui and e!

Canadian...on...Distraction...why am i not following...???
Speaka said…
Cuz you're distracted?

I have a post earlier on describing the insanity that is Distraction.
Speaka said…
an excellent question...unfortunately I think that internet terms are pretty universal...how boring!?!

Popular Posts