Feet, feet, everywhere feet!


There are somethings you get used to, and others you just can't. While we were still in Ottawa, B and I watched Whale Rider. It's a great movie based on maori culture, filmed in NZ. In the movie, people constantly walk everywhere bare foot. I never expected that to be true of Kiwis but it is. Not everybody, nor everywhere, but I have come accross a handful of people who go places barefoot. When we were living downtown, people would be walking barefoot. I suppose it's so difficult for me to wrap my mind around this because one could never do that safely in downtown Ottawa. It's very clean here. I've also seen people doing their groceries bare foot. I must say, I can't see myself doing either of these ever, but perhaps it's the nubie in me. I may change my mind once we've lived here a couple of years..who knows!

Looking back at that pic...I suppose J is due for a pedicure... ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts