Observations


Lets see...Kiwis don't file tax returns in general. The assumption is that you pay your tax as you go. Kinda cool. And speaking of kiwis...kiwis are the bird and kiwi fruit is the fruit. New Zealand is very into electronic banking...EFTPOS (direct debit available everywhere).

Someone thought that my accent was either Canadian or Irish... Irish?

Found out that South Islanders have a different accent than North Islanders but I can't tell the difference.

I have determined that Monteiths or Macs are my favourite beers. Both brands have a bunch of varieties and they are all pretty good. Speights is not a very good beer...but is really popular on the South Island.

Work is quite busy but very interesting. I am learning a lot...daily about the NZ system.

I met another Canadian at work today. She is on assignment here for three years.

We have been invited to the Canadian high commissioners home for a Wellington -Canadians party. We likely won't be able to go though due to our lack of babysitter. But kinda interesting anyway.

We have internet at home now which is great.

Comments

Popular Posts