As per request...some answers

If you haven't played my game yet and would like to, read no further. Return to blog postings, "What does this mean".
____________________________________

Torch - flashlight
Bonnet - car hood
Welly boots - rain boots (don't know how common this one is..I came across it in a childrens book)
Boot - car trunk
Pram - stroller
Rubber - eraser
Takeaway - take out
Nappy - diaper ( I haven't been able to say this yet..still call them diapers..I still ask N if he wants to take a nappy?)
Star jumps - jumping jacks
Tramping - hiking
Lolly - candy not just a lollipop, all candy
Singlet - undershirt/tank for men or women
Full stop - period
Afternoon tea - snack time doesn't have to include tea
Lift - elevator
Capsicum - bell peppers (ordering pizza..pepperoni, mushrooms and green capsicums please..doesn't exactly roll of your tongue)
Chips - fries (will say hot chips)
Rubbish - garbage
Crisps - chips (after speaking to Nicki last night, Kiwis don't usually say crisps..just chips)
Tomato sauce - ketchup (I asked Nicki what you call tomato sauce and she laughed..tomato sauce..)
Dummy - soother
Loo - toilet
Fizzy - soda pop
Mate - friend
Kiwi - New Zealander
kiwi - bird
kiwifruit - green furry kiwi..yumm
Jelly - jello
Mobile - cell phone
Petrol - yes...very expensive gas lol
Trolley - grocery cart

Last night I was introduced to the most disgusting bug..apparently a very common bug. It's called a weta. Check out the links below.

BUG PIC


Thanks for playing along...it's been fun reading your email responses and comments.
If I learn any new ones, I'll post them.
Cheers, N

Comments

blank said…
Shoot!! The links aren't working. I have to go now, but I'll fix them later.

Cheers, N
blank said…
Alright...it's all fixed.

Cheers, N

Popular Posts