What a rush!!

It has been an amazing morning!! I absolutely never get up when Brian does, but this morning, when the buzzer went off instead of the radio alarm, I was startled awake. I was slightly annoyed but oddly enough feeling more awake than I do when I get up at 8am or later. I got up, got dressed, it was quite chilly this morning (nothing compared to Ottawa chilly though), made Julia's lunch, Ethan's snack for school and then decided to make two more sandwiches for the boys' lunch. Not bad eh?? I even had enough time to make myself some coffee. I got all three kids dressed, prepared some "hot milk" for Noah, and breakfast for the three musketeers and it was only 7:45. We packed our bags and I even managed to do Julia's hair!! Cute little pig tails.

On New Years, I made a resolution to walk more..I mean really, school for both kids is only 15 minutes away but we have never before walked. I always felt it would be too difficult rallying all three kids out the door before 8:30am, but this morning, we were ready in record time. We left the house at 8:25 and arrived at Ethan's kindy at 8:38..it only starts at 8:45. We have never been early for kindy before. We often only leave the house at 8:40 (sometimes later). This was Ethan's second week back to school, but Julia's first day in her new, year two class. We continued our walk, across the street and up a path to Julia's school, and I accompanied her to her class. She was slightly nervous but all in all, very excited to be back and see some familiar faces. I introduced myself to her teacher and she seems really nice. She's asked the kids to call her Ms. Marie or Marie. The classroom is really nice. It has many windows and gets so much sunshine. I think this will be a great year despite Julia not being in the same class as her best friend Lucy.

By this time, the sun was out in full force and I was happy to have dressed myself and the kids in a tshirt/long sleeve shirt combo. Off with the sweaters! Noah and I left Julia's class having given her many cuddles and kisses and off we went to play on the school play structure and gossip with the moms we haven't seen in 6 weeks. Forth five minutes later we left and walked to the cafe. My coffee card was full so I treated myself to a free mochaccino...yummy. With the coffee in hand, Noah and I went to play at the park behind Ethan's kindy. After many minutes spent in the swing hearing Noah say, "higher mommy!" or "faster!", I suggested we go to the library because, being Tuesday, there was going to be a story time. For the first time, Noah actually sat for the whole time and listened to the stories and sang the songs. It was great. My little man is growing up so fast!

After the library, we headed back to kindy to pick up Ethan. It seemed as though everyone of Ethan's buddies was headed to the park so off we went! Twenty minutes later, I was roasting and realized (naughty me) I hadn't put sunscreen on any of us. The weather here is quite unpredictable..I should have learned by now that everyday is a sunscreen type of day. We headed home and had lunch. What a morning!! I feel spectacular! Noah's now down for a nap and Ethan is watching a fantastic 4 cartoon video I borrowed from the library.

Woo Hoo!!!

Have a great day!

Cheers, N

Comments

Anonymous said…
Really nice account of your morning. It's times like that that you're going to look back on as the best....

Pat
Anonymous said…
i love having days like that..accomplishing things i've wanted to do for a while, really living life...thanks for your post, really inspiring...i miss you guys!
erin

Popular Posts