One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish!

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday have just flown by. Monday started off with a BANG! I got up with Brian and felt great..a repeat of last Tuesday. I dropped Ethan off at Kindy, Julia off at the walkway to school (she walks up some stairs, and finds her way through the school which is rather maze-like) and Noah and I headed off the an indoor swimming pool. It was fantastic! It only cost 50 cents for each of us. Noah must have been a fish in another life because he is completely fearless..which makes me rather fearful at times. He was so keen to swim and play. He was jumping off the edge of the pool into .8 m of water and loving it. Each time I brought him to the surface, he was smiling and saying,"again". He started gaining more confidence and by the end of our swim, an hour later, he was doing backwards twists off the side and coming to the surface on his own..I had shown him that he could touch the bottom if he put his feet down. We played on these turtle mats and he would purposefully flip the turtle over so he could go under water. He even managed to swim a foot or two unaided. When I place my hands under his belly, he does all of the proper swimming motions...moving his arms and kicking his feet. As you can see, I was and still am quite proud of him. He was outdoing kids his size if not older. Way to go Noah!! After swimming, we went home, dropped off our swimming gear and grabbed the pram (stroller) and headed for a walk towards the park behind Ethan's kindy. We played there for an hour and then I took the boys for lunch at the cafe. They love going there. They get a hot chocolate in a take away cup..fun fun fun! We headed straight home because Noah was a bit of a mess..sticky with hot chocolate. He went straight to sleep..even asked to go to bed. Ethan and I hung out for a while and then even I was exhausted and went for a 30 minute. Feeling refreshed, I picked Julia up from school and we went to the park for a brief play. That night, after dinner, we went to Scorching bay for a quick dip in the ocean. It was rather nippy and I didn't brave the water this time but the kids did as did Brian.

Ahh Tuesday..what to do what to do.. I started off my day with a coffee with Nicki. I think I'm addicted to moccacinos.. Afterwards, Noah and I played at the park and then headed off to the library for story time. He wasn't as good this time but I think that's because his friend Clara was there. He rolled around while she sat on my lap. We took out some books and then went to play at the park with Clara. We picked Ethan up from kindy, played some more and went home. After a quick lunch, I put Noah down to sleep and I too napped..I see a pattern developing here.. We went to pick up Julia but brought Tui with us. Julia's friend Lucy ended up coming to the park with us for a play at the park. After 20 minutes of chasing Tui around, we played for another 40 minutes at the kids park. Tui was knackered..she'd been running with the kids and this other big dog and was completely worn out. We had afternoon tea, apricots and peanuts and OJ. After dropping Lucy off at home, we went back to the library because I had forgotten to return something earlier in the day. We took out a few more books and left. On the way home, we picked up some takeaway for dinner, chips, nuggets, hamburger for Brian and chicken burger for me...yummy and cheap..dinner for five cost $17. Before bed time, I read eight books to the kids..they really liked all of the attention.

Wednesday..I hadn't quite figured out what we were going to do..it was slightly overcast so I wasn't in the mood for more park play. I remembered that Wednesdays is playgroup day so off Noah and I walked to the church where the playgroup is held. Noah loves it there. They have heaps of toys and serve morning tea to the kiddies. I went to pick up Ethan only to realise that he had a play date prearranged with his buddy Sam. Noah and I had lunch and he napped. While he slept, I tried my hand at drawing..I'd really like to learn and there's this site that teaches you to a certain point and then you need to pay for the rest of the lessons...I'm not willing to pay yet... I'll practice simple things and who knows..I may actually draw something as it should look.. :-) I went to school to meet Ethan and pick up Julia..I came home with the boys but Julia is gone to a new park with a girl friend of hers, Emerson. She should be home around 5pm. As I write this, the boys are mesmerized by some cartoons on TV.

I hope these good days keep on coming.

Love and hugs to fam and friends, Nat

Comments

Popular Posts