Pukerua beach

Yesterday we went to a new beach with our friends. It wasn't the nicest day but we were lucky that it only rained on the way home. Apparently it's a good place to go surfing and I can believe it because the waves were awesome! It was too cold for swimming but excellent for jumping between rocks and exploring the pools. I caught a teeny tiny shrimp with see-through skin.



We found some sea monkeys too.


After supper we watched a pretty good movie, The Constant Gardener. It is about a pharmaceutical trial conspiracy in Africa...not someone tending tomatoes regularly. It made me wanna go to Africa and help people. As far as contributing to the world, my job is alright...I mean I help protect biodiversity and stuff...but I'd like to really contribute...saving peoples lives. I followed a blog of this girl who went to Africa for a while, Olivia's Words.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful scenery...is Africa closer to Canada than New Zealand?
Mom
Kathryn said…
I saw the constant gardener too and it also made me want to do something. Maybe not work with conspiracies but help there. I said to Josh that we should plan to every year go away for a month somewhere. Of course NZ will be first but maybe then Africa, India etc.
Speaka said…
Mom, the place in the movie looked even more remote than NZ. But it wouldn't be a permanent move...I think that kinda work must get exhausting.

Kathryn..yes come here first. I think working holidays would be the way to go....visit but also help out.

Popular Posts