Sick day

I returned from Taraunga last night. Pretty beautiful area...sub-tropical...they claim to be the largest port (Aukland claims the same)in NZ. It was good meeting some of the people on the ground. They had some pretty serious issues but I think they respected that I was there to listen.

Today I stayed home cuz I have a cold. I figured I'd rest so that it doesn't get worse. I went for a walk to the park with the kids though. That was fun. It is super crazy the hills here...I went down hill to get there and almost gave up on the way back up. Very tiring. Especially being stuffed up.

It is an absolutely beautiful day...though pretty windy. I still can't believe the views and landscapes here...like something from Middle Earth. I'm pretty disappointed that I have not seen any hobbits. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

We've been watching Super Nanny again so we have decided to consistently use the "naughty step"...it usually works for a while and then we get tired. For those not familiar, the consequences of misbehaviour is a time-out on the naughty step.

New Orleans...crazy...very sad. I remember when I was there we were talking about the water level...which is higher than the city but only kept at bay by the canals around the city. The lawlessness there is not surprising either...it was only "safe" in the French Quarter we were told and that was due to the police presence.

Ummm...here is the link to my Distraction post

Another reality show we have been watching is King of the Jungle on Animal Planet, which is this group competing to be the next "Crocodile Hunter". I like it...man that'd be an awesome job. I'd love to teach science on TV...I have a bad case of biophylia

Well...time to rest my burning eyes...

Comments

Popular Posts