Eggs Food Safety

They keep their eggs on the store shelves here and in the pantries of their homes. I didn't know that was safe...actually I don't think it is particularly safe due to Salmonella and the pathogens. We still keep them in the fridge.

I'm making some apple and nut bread...I'll let you know how it turns out. It smells really nice.

I'm off to OZ next week for the Australasia Plant Pathology Conference...I think it'll be neat. I'm going to be attending a workshop entitled Forensic Microbiology. I expect this will be right up my alley. I hope to meet some of my Australia counterparts. Unfortunately I planned really poorly cuz the kids are off for spring break that week and the subsequent one.

The 3rd of October I'm holding the first working group of the big project I am leading. I am both apprehensive and excited to get going. More excited. We're developing the plan and necessary regulation revisions to implement ISPM 15..for those who wanted to know.

We bought a backpack for Noah and we went for a walk with it. I think its great...no more difficulties with stairs and the pram (stroller). I haven't taken it tramping yet, Mount Kau Kau or other, but maybe on the weekend.

There were snow storms that have caused some serious problems in the south island....fruit crops damaged... accidents...roads and businesses closed. At work we got talking and they really have no way to deal with the snow in those locations. No snow clearing machinery. Not like my home and native land. Talking about the weather...man does it suck for people in the southern states of the US...hurricane following hurricane. Global climate change?

Comments

Popular Posts