Cow cow

So…it’s been a bit since I’ve blogged.  I went to Aukland this week.  It was rainy and there was too much traffic.  I’m sure there are nice places in Aukland but the area I visited wasn’t so nice.  I did get to meet some people from the Nursery industry and I visited a tissue culture lab and a nice nursery.  

Today E has a birthday party.  We also plan to climb Mount Kau Kau again…this time with the whole family.  I need to figure out how we are going to get N up the mountain.  It is too steep for him to walk the whole way.  We tried to pick up a backpack through Trade-Me which is a New Zealand based E-bay type auction site.

Tomorrow we are going to Afternoon Tea with friends of my uncle.  I think that’ll be neat.

We might try to make it to Te Papa museum this weekend too.  

The kids are pretty excited that our stuff is supposed to arrive in New Zealand on October 2nd…not too long from now.  We’ve been getting along pretty well without everything so I’m a little worried that we won’t have room for it when it arrives.  It would really be nice to have a few more toys, some of the kitchen stuff, the beds and the kitchen table though.  I think we have too many toys and junk coming.  I was thinking that maybe extras could be sold on Trade-Me.  We’ll see.  

The kids have some nice colds…I guess we’re getting used to the NZ viruses…just some coughs and runny noses.  Nat and I are ok though.    

J is reading well…she just read Green Eggs and Ham on her own.  E is drawing some nice pictures lately.  N is speaking some longer and longer sentences, though I have a harder time understanding than Talie does.  

We’ve been watching RockStar INXS and I’ve been enjoying it.   Early on I’d picked Jordis and Ty to win…last night Ty got kicked off.  I think he’s an excellent singer and I’m not sure why he’s gone.  He has a theory that it is because he’s black…I wonder if that may be true because even when he sings awesome he still ends up in the bottom three.  Dunno?  

Distraction last night…the buzzers were mouse traps….the winner got her finger broken by the trap.   She also ended up with 4 new piercings…three in one ear and her belly button.  But…she won a car!

Comments

Popular Posts