Saturday morning

Sup'? I'm doing well. Its Saturday morning and the sun is shining. It was super misty earlier...couldn't even see the mountains behind us.

Homesickness has set in. At first we were on vacation and everything was vacation exciting but now we are settling in. There are still more happy times than homesick times but I sometimes think "What have we done...leaving all our friends and family behind and starting anew?" My sister says that when she moved away from Ottawa she felt the same but as time moved on she felt less and less homesick and more and more excited by the adventure. I know I'm moving that way too.

I feel pretty safe here. It says something for the society that the police officers don't carry guns. Pretty cool!

Last Sunday we went to the museum again...man its cool...but it made me start thinking about the fact we are right on a fault line. There is a sign on the motorway that indicates right where the fault line crosses Wellington. In the 50s, the town of Napier was destroyed by an earthquake... The museum also talked about floods and tsunamis but we are pretty safe from that up here on the mountain. Pretty weird!

We'll likely be going to the museum every Sunday..just me and the kids cuz Nat has a new hobby. I'll let her explain what it is...but she's tough.

Here are some pics I took to demonstrate my mad skillz at camera phone picture taking:





Comments

Popular Posts