Hello from Wellington


So...its Sunday morning. Talie is sleeping in. J had a sleepover at a friends house and isn't back yet. It is her last day of spring holidays. She had two weeks off. E and N are eating oranges at a card table we have borrowed from our friends. Our stuff won't arrive until November. I'm a little more calmed down about that now. They have offered compensation.

I have some a few pics to share from Australia. Unfortunately they are taken on my phone so are a wee bit little. We visited a zoo and a crazy advanced greenhouse. The greenhouse was totally automated. The plants were seeded,were watered, fertilized, "pesticided", and exported using robots...it was awesome. The zoo was great too. The animals were, for the most part, in huge enclosures that you drove through...although I've never been there I assume its like African Lion Safari.



At our friends house I had my first experience with a weta. Their cat likes to bring them into the house. Apparently this is a small one. I set it beside a 50 cent piece which is about the same size as a Canadian fifty cent piece.

Haven't been to Mount Kau Kau, which E calls Mountain Kau Kau (which is cute), in a while. But I had an observation to share. Last time E, N and I were up there we saw people spreading someones ashes. I thought that was kinda neat to see. It definetely seems close to God up there.

Although its still pretty cold we went to the beach last week. We had coats on but the kids were still playing at the waters edge and as you can see from the pictures sometimes we got too close and we got hit by a wave. We all came home with wet shoes. The kids came home stripped from the waist down...they were soaked! It was fun though. We also came home with some neat shells.






This morning N built a castle...

Comments

Popular Posts