Australia

So I'm back. I had a good time. I learned some new stuff about plant pathology. There were a few really good sessions. I learned that even though barley originated in the fertile crescent, it looks like the disease barley scald originated in grasses in Northern Europe. I learned about tomato viruses in Brazil. This one group researched a new disease and determined that it was not biotic but abiotic...turns out it was an iron deficiency.

We also went to the zoo. I saw lions, rhinos, hippos, kangas, horses, antelopes, north american bison (my fellow continental animal)... It was a drive-though kind...where the animals are not in cages. That was great. I saw a possum climbing a tree on the street. Lots of cool birds in Australia. I didn't see any parrots though.

Comments

Drakadooey said…
dude, sounds like a great time!

too bad you weren't at home for the madness with the alarm and such...that sounds nuts. Poor N!

take care and we'll msn soon
T

Popular Posts