2/3 = ~66.666% = still not done!

So...my tattoo is still not completed...but it is lookin' pretty cool. I spent two hours in the chair and all the scales are now done and about half the shading. I need to go back for one more session to complete the shading and add in some white highlights. The shading makes the snake look pretty dark right now but I was told it'll lighten up as it heals. The pain was manageable this time...not sure why. I ate better perhaps. Or maybe I was better prepared mentally. Or maybe the long strokes hurt more since this time was more intricate work on the scales...dunno. Maybe it was that 40 of Jack Daniels that I drank before going...just jokin'.

A girl that was there got an amazing pirate ship tattooed on her side, a drawing from a book on the making of Pirates of the Caribean. It looked totally awesome...but there was a penalty to pay...she was tattooed for five hours straight! Yikes! She looked pretty white when she got up to show us the tattoo...and who can blamed her. After resting in the chair for a bit she got up to go to the washroom. As she was closing the door we heard a bang. Greg, my tattoo artist, said, speaking to her artist, "Dude, I think she passed out!". He was right. Luckily, Erin had some juice which provided the sugar the girl needed. Tough cookie!

Comments

Kathryn said…
can't wait to see the completed masterpiece!
There's this girl in my band. I spotted her tattoo the other day. It's located on her back, just above her "posterior". It's a cow. A jumping cow with stars behind it. A cow jumping over "the moon". I burst out laughing and complemented her on her clever tattoo.

She blushed and then explained that she just really likes cows and wanted a cow tattoo. She didn't realise the implications of placing the cow tattoo in that particular location.
Speaka said…
Ha ha! Nice one.

I hope there is no really obvious jokes about the placement of my tattoo...even if there is it's too late now!!

Popular Posts