Golf, tattoo and big fat raccoons

The first time I went golfing, about ten years ago, I discovered that I am a horrible golfer. I spent my time hitting the ball from the long grass on one side of the fairway to the forested area on the other, and back again. To top it off I made an error in golf etiquette. I pulled my golf bag cart (not the driving cart...the pulling type) onto the green. I had no idea this was not done but the foursome behind us decided to let me know by yelling at me from the hole behind us. Very embarrassing. I hadn't played since....until now.

This Saturday, tomorrow, I'm going golfing. I've been to the driving range twice now and unfortunately, I'm still horrible. Not just bad, mediocre or needs practice...HORRIBLE. Tomorrow is going to be an embarrassing display of my lack of skills...but for some reason, maybe I'm a sucker for punishment, I'm kinda looking forward to it. We'll see if that hopefulness is misplaced.

Tonight I'm going to a Tattoo parlour to get my tattoo designed. Its going to be an ouroboros (snake eating its tail). It won't be an armband...but it may wrap around my arm. I'm hoping to get the tattoo next Friday.

Last week, on garbage day, while out taking Tui for her evening walk, I saw my first raccoon since returning to Canada. He was lumbering across the road, obviously stuffed from feasting on garbage...he only barely made it across before a car drove by. Kinda neat...you certainly don't see raccoons all that often.

Comments

Kathryn said…
Good for you for trying it again even though you weren't good at it the first time. My thinking used to be that because I'm not good at sports I should never do them because I'll never be good. Josh said to me "How are you ever going to get good if you don't practice?"

Keep that in mind when you're out there, you're only going to get better. Also, can't wait to see your tattoo!
Anonymous said…
a golf clinic this winter would do you the world of good and give you more confidence and skill for next time! It helped me so I know it works. love Mom
Anonymous said…
Hi Brian,
Tattoo? That is quite a surprise! Glad you are back in Ottawa. Looking forward to seeing you and your family soon. All the best. Heard you found a house.
Love from your very special Aunt Kathleen.
Speaka said…
Hi very special Aunt Kathleen,

Yup...a tattoo! I've been wanting one for a long time and now I've gone out and got it. I'm happy with the results so far and am looking forward to getting it finished off. Look forward to seeing you too.

Brian

Popular Posts