Whose house? Say what? Our house!


We have been fortunate enough to have a place to stay since arriving back in Ottawa. My in-laws have been putting us up, for which we are very thankful. With nine people living there, though, it gets a mite squishy so we are really excited that, unless something goes horribly wrong, on 29th September, we move into our new house!! We met the finance and building inspection conditions yesterday. I'm really excited but won't feel totally comfortable until we actually take possession.

The kids start school on Tuesday, which should be great for them and for Talie too! Eth will be in kindergarten. This'll be kinda weird because he's already been in full-day classroom setting and now he'll be going back into half-day playroom setting. I'm sure he'll like it but we are going to make an effort to keep up his reading because he was progressing so well.

Julia will be in Grade Two we think, possibly in a grade one/two split class. Since it is fully immersion, we expect it'll be a bit tough for her for a little while but she's a smart, tough cookie so I'm sure she'll do fine.

On Wednesday we had a great party for Noah's third birthday. Lots of family and friends. I'll try to post some pics, if I can get ahold of some (our camera still broken!).

Comments

Jenn said…
Congrats Guys!
Anonymous said…
Congrats guys!! Did you get in the same area you were in before? I know how much you liked your neighbours!
Anna
Drakadooey said…
congrats on finalising (the 's' was for you kiwis out there) the sale...I guess that last paragraph was a hint that you want some pictures??? Bring your laptop over tomorrow and we will transfer them over. I took some vids too.
J-girl said…
Congratulations! Hopefully me and my family will be doing the same thing in the next few months once we have our new town figured out.
Anonymous said…
Hi,
So are you guys back in the Barrhaven hood? I would love to catch up :o)

Cara~
Kathryn said…
I checked it out that day you told me about it. It's really nice. I can't wait to come visit you guys when you get the house!

Popular Posts