Dragon Boats and the Big Picture

Yesterday morning the kids and I went downtown to watch the Dragonboat races. It was mostly an excuse to take the train downtown and hang out. We watched a couple of races and then walked along the wharf.


We were lucky enough to catch the Earth from Above display by Yann Arthus-Bertrand. Really really cool photos. At first the kids were pushing me along because we were on the way to the park but eventually they got really into it.

We also had the opportunity to walk from Wellington to Ottawa on this huge map.

Concrete poetry

Troll's Eye View

Comments

blank said…
I like the troll's eye view pic. Where'd you take it?
Speaka said…
I took it at the new display type bridges by Te Papa. I'd never seen them before. I guess part of the newly renovated Waitangi Park.

Popular Posts