Snow, gas and Dave Anthony

Friday morning I woke up to what sounded to me like pouring rain on our roof. Given the subzero temperatures, I was worried that the van and roads would be iced over. I was happy to discover that it was ice pellets not rain that was falling, which turned to snow on our drive into work. The snow kept falling all day until by evening there was twenty centimeters of new snow...youpee.



Saturday morning while Talie walked Tui in the dog park at Bruce pit, I took the kids sledding. The kids had fun but the hill was a bit slow due to the sticky snow so we didn't stay long. Actually that reminds me. Our GT Racers got stolen. It sucked but I figured it was our fault because we left them plainly visible in the front yard. About a week later....we found them on the front lawn! My best guess is that some teens "borrowed" it and when they were done sledding they returned it. All kinda weird.

I think we are going to have to start walking more. Some gas stations are out of gas and those that have gas are really expensive:

Last night we went out to North Gower for an East Coast Kitchen Party. We had a great time. We saw friends we hadn't seen for ages. And...we saw Dave Anthony. Talie and I were quite surprised when we learned that he was going to entertain us. Every Thursday, when we were still teenagers, our whole group of friends used to go downtown to Double Decker pub and drink plenty of beer and watch Dave Anthony play. He was great then...and he is awesome now. He plays Celtic/East Coast music with a lot of audience participation. Great fun!

This morning we had an interesting experience. Talie and I slept in until 10am! 10am! "How?", you may ask. "Well, my parents babysat the kids all night", I'd answer. "What wonderful parents I have", I might add.

Comments

Drakadooey said…
That was fun guys,

Cheers,
T
Anonymous said…
Well Brian, it looks like this Friday is going to be much better. Bring on the rain!
Anna

Popular Posts