Western Canada Adventure

This week I was on eight planes in six days - Ottawa-Toronto, Toronto-Vancouver, Vancouver-Penticton, drove to Oliver, drove back to Penticton, Penticton-Vancouver, Vancouver-Winnipeg, Winnipeg-London, Drove to Hamilton, and then Hamilton-Ottawa. Very tiring experience but I learned a lot about how different regional offices implement the policy that I was auditing against.

The worst part of the trip was the delayed flight out of Vancouver meaning we didn't get to Winnipeg until 3am...and we were supposed to start auditing five hours later. Luckily we were able to delay until eleven...but I was still exhausted for the rest of the trip. I think my favourite part was beautiful landscapes in Penticton and Oliver, British Columbia

In Oliver we had lunch at a tea house called Cantaloupe Annie's. It was a cute shop with a neat story. There use to be a train which carried tree fruit from Oliver to Penticton, which also carried cantaloupe...so they nicknamed it Cantaloupe Annie. Rumour has it that the farmers would set their watches according to the time the train passed.

I tried to go to see a museum in Winnipeg but unfortunately it was closed when I arrived. I was amazed by the number of homeless people in a place with such a cold winter...I guess you don't decide where you become homeless.


We flew through London and Hamilton so I didn't get any chance for sight seeing. This sign tickled my funny bone...not sure exactly why.

Comments

Popular Posts