Facebook - "I'm that 13 year old geek again!"

So...I was playing on facebook last night. Its neat because you run into old friends. What I don't like and found last night was that those same insecurities I felt in Junior High and High School come back. I recognize these names of people from when I was in Jr and Sr High...but what if they don't know me. They were in the cool crowd 15 plus years ago and it won't surprise anyone to know that I was not. Do they remember me? Would they be interested in what I'm doing in my life? I even started to think about what would happen if I ran into the kids (well...they wouldn't be kids now) who were the bullies. Would they still be bullies now?

Normally, I don't really feel those same insecurities at this current stage in my life and haven't since University. There aren't really "cliques" in University or at work....and even if there were I have sufficient confidence now that I wouldn't really care.

Weird and wonderful, world wide web.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Come on! Go for it. Most people have changed since highschool/collage. 90% of the time you'll find out that thoose popular kids back then have turned out to be compelet losers now!Have a chat with them, you neva know, mabye they also nedd a good friend right now and if they do... they will listen to what you have to say about your life.Don't shot yourself down just because you care what other people think about you.Ok?

Popular Posts