One week to go

We get on an airplane and return to Canada in one week. We have plenty of stuff to get done but we have completed lots in the past month too. We have been sleeping on the floor because we sold the bed sets this weekend. We just sold the car...though we lost tons of money on that deal. Plenty of toys have been sold...though we have plenty left.

I'm really looking forward to returning home now. It has been great fun here and it has been such an amazing life experience, for me and for my family. I can't wait to see my family and friends. I wonder whether Ottawa has changed since I left. Will everyone sound funny, with their Canadian accents? Will we sound funny to other people with the expressions, lilt and accent we have picked up in a year? Will Ottawa still seem like home?

Exciting times!!!

Comments

Drakadooey said…
great to hear that you finally sold your bedroom sets after some cruddy deals falling through. Awesome that you sold your car too! We are looking forward to your return!!!

Cheers
Anonymous said…
Your kids have certainly learned that material things are only temporary!!
Hey! You can't go back to Ottawa! I've seen Ottawa! I've LIVED in Ottawa. I've been exploring NZ vicariously through you! Now, where am I going to get my NZ fix?
Anonymous said…
A short note to 'WELCOME' you all back to Canada. Sure was a nice holiday for a year. With the armed forces our posting was for 4 years so I know what being away from home with children means.

The children must be excited but I bet not half as excited as the big kids eh Nat and Bri....
Looking forward to seeing you all our next time to Ottawa at
Christmas.

Safe trip home.
Hugs to all.
Love, Aunt Connie and David xx
Speaka said…
Thanks guys for the well wishes. It's been fun living here but I'm really looking forward to coming home now. Aunt Connie and David, I'm looking forward to Christmas...especially with the snow!

Sorry Michael...its time to go...but I've gotten into this exploring bit so we'll be using Ottawa as a homebase for a whole new set of adventures. If you don't mind, I'll contiue to explore the Yukon through your blog!
Ottawa is my old stomping grounds, so if you're looking for some nifty (some of them even kid-friendly) places to explore, just say the word.

Popular Posts