Second day of work

So...yesterday was my first day of work. It went well...lots to learn and lots of people to meet. I'm excited about the new tasks that I have been given.

Its raining today..just a light rain. I can take this kinda weather for winter!

We went to the apartment pool last night and the night before. The kids really like that.

We bought a digital camera so as soon as I figure out how to get it onto a computer the blog will have photos.

We are getting a bank account and Internal Revenue numbers so that I can get paid...that'll be nice. The house sale seems to be moving along smoothly which is great. Nothing further about the van. Anyone interested?

This weekend should be good...more house hunting. The suburbs are so beautiful...I'm really excited to find a place. I'll be sure to get some pictures of the vistas.

I understand most of what people are saying but the accent still gets me sometimes and there are a few expressions that I miss.

Some things I am noticing: They have garborators and I don't know how to use these and man do they make a lot of noise and are really scary when you think you are turning on a light but instead turn on the garborator. In most/some guys washrooms you pee on the wall above a trough, which has a waterfall falling down it to wash it away.

Comments

Kathryn said…
That all sounds very exciting. I can't wait to come there and see it in person. Keep the updates coming, they're fun to read. I have you saved in my favourites so I check up on you guys everyday! Tell Nat and Julia, Ethan and Noah I say hi!

Popular Posts