My Eastern Canada Adventure

Click on the lighthouse for an album of pictures.


This past week I was in Fredericton, Truro, Halifax, Montreal, St-Hyancinthe, and then Quebec City. I was conducting an audit of a CFIA program. It was really interesting to learn about how things are done throughout Eastern Canada. I am really looking forward to the next leg of the audit in Kelowna, Winnipeg, London and then finally Hamilton.

While in Halifax we were lucky enough to have the opportunity to visit Peggy's Cove which is absolutely beautiful though on that day it was also absolutely approaching absolute zero.

In Quebec, it was Carnival but I didn't really have the opportunity to take part. In the lobby of our hotel I was waiting for my colleagues to check in. I looked up and caught the eye of a gentleman walking by...and I thought...'Hey I know that guy', so I said 'hi' and he smiled and nodded. I thought about his face and determined that I had just said hi to Lucien Bouchard. My determination was confirmed when I noticed his limp and cane, which was as a result of his bout with Necrotizing Fasciitis.

Comments

Karla said…
Woohoo! You're going to Winnipeg! For your sake, I hope it's not too soon, though... February and The Peg are a very, very bad combination.

Anyhoo, give it my love when you get there, and email me if you need some good restaurants to hit.

Popular Posts