Art and the Zoo

On Thursday, I went out by myself to the National Art Gallery. I had a great time. I bused down, allowing me time to read...and then read while eating at a pub. I'm reading Cloudstreet which I got as a going away gift from an Australian friend in New Zealand. Great book so far. Then I went to the gallery...really neat stuff. When I arrived there were speeches going on because of a new exhibit opening. It was funny to be around all these stuffy fancy artsy types...while I was all scruffy looking. The exhibit was a Haida artist, Robert Davidson, and it was awesome and free, even betta'. The display had hundred-year-old traditional Haida art mixed with Davidson's work which bends the "laws" of the Haida art form. This one was really neat in person...the photograph below...not as neat.

We, actually only Talie cuz I'm away on a business trip, are dog-sitting this week and when we were picking up the dog we saw some great reptiles. They have quite the collection...




Comments

Popular Posts